New 2017 : Lascaux 4
Live the experience Lascaux 4, located 34km from Soleil Plage !
76 years after the discovery of the Lascaux caves by 4 teenagers, the 12th September 1940, the new full replica of the site, listed as UNESCO World Heritage, has opened its doors the 15th December 2016.
The International Center for Cave Art Montignac-Lascaux is ideally inserted in the landscape.
You will discover an interactive course through 6 different areas:
- The Reception : preparation for the visit of the replica with a scenography
- The Cave : visit of the Lascaux cave
- The Lascaux Studio : all the cave’s major works are represented : the model, 8 fragments, image wall and interactive digital tablets
- The Cave Art Theatre : 3 rooms showing prehistorian’s works from the end of the 19th century
- 3D Cinema : a multi-screen 3D film proposes a unique visit of the Lascaux cave
- The Imaginary Gallery and the Temporary Exhibition : cave art and contemporary art
You can plan 45 minutes of guided tour + 1h15 minimum of self-directed tour.
Prepare your visit in advance, and book your tickets online on the website www.lascaux.fr .